STEAG New Energies GmbH, a subsidiary of STEAG GmbH, specializes in developing and implementing distributed energy solutions based on efficient and sustainable concepts. Electricity, heat, district heating, cooling or process steam: whatever the case may be, our solutions provide our customers advantages in terms of efficiency – in Germany and worldwide. Along with conventionally generated power, the portfolio ranges from wind power and bioenergy to geothermal energy. In 2015 STEAG New Energies had sales revenues of around 300 million euros and employed around 940 people at home and abroad (including affiliated companies).
- Market leader in Germany in the field of geothermal heat supply
- One of the biggest operators of biomass-fired combined heat and power (CHP) plants in Germany
- One of the biggest district heating suppliers and contracting providers in Germany
- Leading position in Germany in the use of mine gas to produce energy
- Operator of more than 100 CHP units in the MW range